- I have 2 google voice invitations. message me if you want one. #
- @_fobi_ sent. in reply to _fobi_ #
- This song means a lot to me for obvious reasons, but I must say, Justin Timberlake does it justice. http://bit.ly/6pwFlG #
- Made it to airport. Security check-in is slow. #
- Arghhh. Gate changed from C29 to D22. #
- Another change. Now D23. At least I don't have the take the SkyTram. #
- Finally made it onto the plane. http://twitpic.com/1014rn #
- In Las Vegas! I promise. That's just a lo t of rain. http://twitpic.com/101zw3 #
- Rain. 🙁 (@ Las Vegas Intl – DUPLICATE DO NOT USE) http://4sq.com/6IVSya #
- What happens in Vegas……. (@ Hard Rock Hotel & Casino) http://4sq.com/6CIgtc #
- I just unlocked the "Adventurer" badge on @foursquare! http://4sq.com/9aQEl5 #
- May have to get Crystal (Me) and iPad. #
- @noahgalaviz what? When can I play with one. in reply to noahgalaviz #
- There is an Affliction store inside the Hard Rock Hotel. #
- Finally sitting down for dinner. (@ Mesa Grill) http://4sq.com/8MB3E5 #
- Dinner. (@ Rare 120 (in Hard Rock Hotel)) http://4sq.com/5hVylO #
- Comming home. (@ McCarran International Airport (LAS) w/ 8 others) http://4sq.com/3VwSr0 #
- FYI, never buy coffee from the starbucks in the Hard Rock Hotel. Worst ever. #
- @missrogue that looks awesome. in reply to missrogue #
- Home. (@ DFW Airport Terminal C w/ 3 others) http://4sq.com/3Wja9a #
- I just unlocked the "Bender" badge on @foursquare! http://4sq.com/a6xCa5 #
- Watching Rescue Signals. (@ Trees) http://4sq.com/4u5Mrl #
- I'm at July Alley (2809 Elm St, Dallas). http://4sq.com/aM1n9e #
- I'm at Blue Collar Bar (1920 N. Henderson Ave, at McMilian, Dallas). http://4sq.com/bs30Vd #
- I just unlocked the "Crunked" badge on @foursquare! http://4sq.com/9e9ql7 #
In an effort to make this blog more than it has been for the past few months, I am going to try and start writing here on a weekly basis on what has gone on in the previous week. I will include pictures, videos and links to stuff I find interesting to me, and hopefully interesting to anyone who actually reads this. So here we go.
We had a pretty lazy Sunday at home. Crystal, Kylie and I watched the Cowboys end their season 11-5 against the Minnesota Vikings. A game I wish Zac would have been able to see. He loved the Cowboys, and he loved Bret Farve. Melanie and her mom did fly to Minnesota to watch the game, and even stayed in the same hotel as the Cowboys. Still waiting on pictures!
On Monday when Crystal and I sat down for lunch, there was a present from Kylie in our lunch box.
On the way to take her to school that morning, she found it in her chair. I guess she wanted us to have it and put it in our lunch bag. Crazy kid.
One thing about working for LSG Sky Chefs, is that we work really close to DFW airport. The route we take to and from work has been to drive around Airfield Dr. Every once and a while you get to see the hawks that live around the airport. They are usually perched on top of the lamp posts looking for something to eat.
And another thing about birds. Right at sunset on Eastchase and I-30, is like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock The Birds. Seriously. This is a picture from my iPhone.
Why has no one done anything about this? There were so many birds, that a lot of them where just walking around in the parking lots. Did not want to leave the car for fear of poop. This picture does not really do it justice.
Now on to the fun part of the week.
Friday morning. 3:00 a.m. I woke up with an immense pain on my right side. Just behind my ribs. At first I thought that I was just sleeping weird and started tossing and turning, trying to get into a comfortable position. After 15 minutes of pain, I decided to wake up Crystal. (Side note, she had found out that she had the flu and had just taken a lot of medication to help her sleep) I told her that she needed to take me to the emergency room. So I called my parents to come over and stay with Kylie while Crystal sped me to the Hospital. Little did I know that she was under the influence of her meds, or I would have had my dad drive me. Luck was on my side as the emergency room was vacant, except for one girl and her friend. By this time I knew that it was kidney stones. It had worked it’s way from my ribs to my groin. Which was more painful. After what seemed like forever, they finally got me back to a room and hooked me up to some IV’s. The Dr came in and we talked for a little bit before he prescribed me some anti-nausea and pain meds. That finally happened around 5:15 a.m. A few minutes later, the pain subsided. Now thinking about it, I don’t know if the pain meds really kicked in or the stone finally made it into my bladder. Anyways, when I was comfortable enough the nurse came back in and wanted to take me to have a CAT scan. At first I told her I didn’t want to have to pay for a CAT scan cause there was virtually no pain anymore. She then started talking about how if the stone was too big to pass, that they would need to perform surgery to remove it. That scared me enough to go ahead and have the CAT scan. 2 hours later they finally had the results of that and a urinalysis and said that I could go home. The Doctor prescribed me some Lortab and encouraged me to make an appointment to see a doctor to test the kidney stone once it passed. Luckly, it broke up in my bladder and passed without any more pain. I am sure you can guess that I will be drinking more water from now on. I really don’t want to have to go through that again.
So with Crystal’s flu and my kidney stones, our weekend was very tame. Just hung out at the house all weekend except for “Crew Dinner” Sunday night. We ended up going to my favorite place. P.F. Changs.
One final thing before I end this post. For Christmas my parents got Kylie a Dora video game for the Wii. She was playing it last week and I finally thought to video tape her playing it. Crystal and I laugh every time we watch her play. So for your viewing pleasure, Kylie playing a Dora video game for Wii.
- MacGruber movie?!?! http://bit.ly/8qhmbA #
- If you are going to festivals this summer, please drink water. http://bit.ly/8JuQmf #
- @missrogue my fav jazz, "Come by me" by Harry Connick Jr. in reply to missrogue #
- New Pomplamoose video! http://bit.ly/8maXHi #
- Fantastic website. Listen to new artists & purchase songs that benefit the artists more than the record companies. http://bit.ly/3pc0Cg #
- お休みなさい #
- Dear kidney stone, F- you. Love Ben #
- My favorite. (@ P.F. Chang's) http://4sq.com/8RWsUi #